𝐀𝐠𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲: 𝐔𝐩𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐈𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐁𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐒𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐦’𝐬 𝐟𝐥𝐞𝐱𝐢𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲
The webinar was delivered on the 6th of July 2023 about “Update the Italian organisational system with the introduction of AGILITY.”
Italian business strengths have always been characterised by:
· Flexibility ( a special one)
However, in a continuously changing environment, adapting and being flexible need to bring results regarding Gross Margin and Profits.
In addition to introducing Agility in business organisations
We have highlighted the main differences between the Italian model and Agility:
· 𝐇𝐢𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡𝐲: can ensure greater efficiency in activity management
· 𝐂𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧: can lead to greater employee engagement. And greater creativity in addressing business challenges
· 𝐒𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐫 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐜𝐮𝐬: it focuses on the integration and interconnection of the different parts of a System. It can be useful when the goal of the enterprise is to create a highly integrated system and coordinated
· 𝐌𝐨𝐝𝐮𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲 refers to creating independent parts that can be assembled to create a larger system and can offer greater flexibility and adaptability.
· 𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐨𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐲: Management makes all decisions. This can be efficient in some situations, but it can also lead to a lack of creativity and Innovative ideas from the team and does not increase employee motivation.s independently.
· 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐩𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲: Management involves all team members in making essential decisions This can lead to increased creativity and innovation, improve employee motivation and increase their loyalty to the company.
· “𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐞𝐝“ 𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐬𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐦: A reserved business system like the Italian one is characterised by a rigid hierarchy in which decisions are made only by authority figures. This can reduce creativity and collaboration among team members and delay the decision-making process.
· 𝐎𝐩𝐞𝐧 𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐬𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐦:
In an open business system, however, team members are involved in decision-making and creativity and collaboration are encouraged. This can lead to increased speed in the decision-making process and innovation in the organisation.
The webinar also had a testimonial from Valentina Lorenzon, who has brought the experience of agility principles application in her family business.
This webinar approach will be replicated with other countries’ business organisational models, including the successful application of Enterprise Agility.